In Only Two Hours WordCamp Sacramento 2015 Tickets Sold Out!
As the only northern California WordCamp in 2015, we had a feeling that tickets would go fast — and we made sure everyone knew they would go fast.
- We emailed the Sacramento WordPress Meetup Group list a reminder yesterday and a notification today
- We posted on the WordCamp Sacramento blog, Twitter account, and Facebook page
- We talked about it and made reminders at the monthly meetup meetings
- We posted about it in the WordCamp Sacramento Slack team
- The individual organizers as well as many in our community shared the information across their social networks too.
It probably even felt a bit like we were nagging (sorry), but we’re really excited about the event and we wanted to make sure you didn’t miss out on snagging a ticket of your own!
Good thing we did too!
Tickets for WordCamp Sacramento 2015 happening on Saturday, November 7, flew off the virtual shelf today.
- Tickets went on sale at 10:00 am Pacific
- 63 Tickets were sold in the first 7 minutes
- We averaged one ticket sale every 30 seconds in the first hour
- After about 30 minutes, we were down only 70 tickets left
- By 11:30am there were only 11 tickets left
- As of noon, there were only two tickets left
- Finally at 12:20pm tickets were officially sold out!
If you were able to get a ticket, congratulations!
If you were unable to get a ticket, be sure to connect with us on Twitter and Facebook. There are always a few people who buy a ticket then can’t make it to the event. We’ll do our best to get the word about about any tickets that come available through our social channels.
Stay Tuned For Announcements
Your WordCamp Sacramento organizing team has a lot of great information and announcements to share with you over the next few weeks as we lead up to the inaugural WordCamp Sacramento on Saturday, November 7, 2015.
- We’ll be publish a complete list of our speakers as soon as we have final confirmation from all of them.
- As soon as the have the schedule finalized, we’ll publish it for you to peruse in advance.
- We’ll be featuring a Q&A interview with each speaker on the blog so you can get to know them better.
- Look out for a Twitter list of attendees you can follow and network with prior to, during, and after the event.
- An attendees page will be published on the site shortly so you can see all other other awesome WordPressers who will be joining us for the day.